Early Childhood Afternoon Support Teacher (Part Time)
Starting August 2012
Toronto Waldorf School is looking for an Early Childhood Afternoon Support Teacher to be a part-time member of the TWS faculty, responsible for sharing the carrying a group of children ranging in age from 3 to 6 years.
- Waldorf Teacher Education certification or accepted equivalent experience preferred.
- An understanding of child development from an Anthroposophical point of view.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, along with an approachable manner towards parents and colleagues.
- Willingness to create an age appropriate environment in which children can flourish.
- Willingness and ability to work cooperatively with the teacher, other colleagues and the parent community.
- Ability to lift and stack small wooden beds
- Supporting the afternoon program created by the teacher based on Waldorf Pedagogy
- Responding in an age appropriate manner when addressing the needs of the young child.
- Fulfilling work requirements in accordance with the agreed upon daily schedule
- Participating in curriculum and pedagogical review of program with the teacher on a weekly basis and communicating observations of children to teacher daily.
- Working independently when the need arises and assume responsibility for the whole group and/or individual children.
- Supporting and participating in planning, preparing and celebrating all festivals and class picnics
- Maintaining an orderly and clean kitchen in accordance with the standards set by the Ministry of Health.
- Maintaining rest time bedding.
Compensation & Benefits
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Posting closes: Monday, May 21, 2012
If you are interested in working at Toronto Waldorf School, please e-mail your resumé to ,email@example.com.
We thank all candidates in advance; however we will contact only those selected for an interview. Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
To learn more about working at TWS, visit our Career Opportunities page.
View other positions currently available